05 - 07 June 2020
At Winnipeg Sews Studio
421 Mulvey Avenue East, Unit 200-1, Winnipeg
- Friday, May 29 6:30pm-9pm - Meet & Greet with Workshop Leaders
- Saturday, June 6 9:00am - 12:00pm - Wardrobe Inspiration and Fitting
- Saturday, June 6 1:00pm - 7:00pm - Shirt Making with Shannon
- Sunday, June 7, 9am-1pm - Learn to Sew Binders and Gaffs
- Sunday, June 7, 2-4pm - Round Table - Empowerment through Sewing
The Sew Queer Retreat 2020 is the first of its kind in Manitoba. Our intention is to provide an affirming, empowering and creative weekend of workshops that help queer and trans sewists feel at home in the sewing community. Sewists outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba are welcome and encouraged to attend our inaugural retreat. Shannon, the founder of @sewqueer on Instagram will be teaching exclusive workshops, joined by local fibre activists Ash and Laura. This is a sewing event for the queer community BY the queer community.
The event is wheelchair accessible. Sewing machines can be provided upon request, including ones that do not require a foot pedal. This retreat is being held on Treaty 1 territory.
Event website: https://www.winnipegsews.com/sew-queer-retreat
Event Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/2592755007670156/